CAE’s Jet Orientation Course enables trainee pilots to transition from flying on a single pilot aircraft to their first type rating on a multi-crew aircraft.
Course duration: 1-2 weeks
- Minimum of 3 days technical Computer-Based Training at home (or at CAE training centre upon request and subject to availability)
- 1 day classroom and computer-based training
- 3 Full-flight simulator (FFS) sessions. Each FFS session is 4 hours + briefing and debriefing.
The content of the JOC course will cover theoretical knowledge training, practice and feedback in:
- Glass cockpit
- Jet engines
- Basic Jet flying
- High altitude meteorology
- Basic performance
The theoretical parts are closely integrated with the syllabus content of the full-flight simulator sessions.
- Hold a valid Multi-Engine Instrument Rating (MEIR)
- Have a flight crew license (theoretical ATPL with valid EASA/JAA CPL)
- Hold a valid JAR-FCL Class 1 Medical
- Demonstrate competence in the English Language (ICAO level 4)