Q. Who will make my travel arrangements?
The candidate is responsible for the entire training, including the cost of the training, accommodation, food, travel and insurance etc. Cadets must travel in a group and arrive in the USA on the same flight. If required, our staff can assist you with the group booking.
Q. How do I arrange travel arrangements to Phoenix, USA?
Air travel expenses between India and the USA are additional costs. Candidates should take care of making their own travel and visa arrangements. Our staff will assist you should you have any questions during this process. Cadets must travel in a group and arrive in the USA on the same flight. If required, our staff will assist you with the group booking.
Q. Who will pay for my medical insurance during training?
Medical insurance for the stay at Gondia is highly recommended and it should be borne by the student, however the medical insurance in Phoenix is included in the USA fees.
Q. What are the required documents needed before training?
Written Paper Screening
- 10th Mark sheet
- 12th Mark sheet
- Diploma Mark sheet with Math, Physics and English
- Equivalency Certificate for Diploma Holder
- Graduation Mark sheet for Graduates BE/ B.Tech/ BSC (Math,Phy,English)
- Medicals (Minimum Class II)
- ID/ Address Proof (Aadhar Card/Passport/Driving License/Voter ID-Card)
- Registration Amount Receipt(soft Copy)
- Application Form (Soft Copy)
CASS Assessment Screening
- All the above documents
- Class I medicals mandatory (Before 8 days of GDPI session)
Note: All documents specified above should be submitted a week prior to the screening date.
Q. Where will I stay during training and who will arrange it?
CAE will make arrangements for your stay for your training in India. During flight training in Phoenix, the cadet will be entitled to accommodation & food. However, during the Airbus A320 Type Rating training phase, the cadet travel arrangements to the country/city, food, and accommodation remains at his/her cost.
Q. Who will arrange my visa for training (if applicable)?
CAE will facilitate the Visa process for you but you will be responsible to obtain a visa at your own cost & other necessary travel related documents.
Q. How long is the programme?
1. Commercial Pilot License (CPL)
- This phase provides cadets with the training required to obtain a Commercial Pilot License (CPL) with a Multi-Engine Instrument rating (MEIR) and to complete the required Multi-Engine piloting experience.
- Cadets will induct at our academy in Gondia. The visa documentation for the USA shall be processed immediately from the date of induction with the assistance of customer services team.
- Upon completion, cadets will transfer to CAE’s Academy in Phoenix, USA, where they will undertake flight training for their CPL, MEIR and Upset Prevention and Recovery Training (UPRT).
- Cadets return to CAE’s Academy in Gondia to undertake the ground school training and undergo flight and theory examination requirements for the DGCA license conversion.
2. Type Rating (A320)
- Once the cadets have obtained their CPL, they move on to the Type Rating (TR) training phase to qualify as a co-pilot on the Airbus A320 aircraft. Type rating training will be conducted at one of CAE’s global network of training centres such as Bangalore, Kuala Lumpur, Madrid or Dubai.
- The duration of the CPL training is planned at 17 months, which comprises of 12.5 months in Phoenix, USA, for flight school & UPRT training and 4 months of ground school in India for the theoretical knowledge training and further 2 weeks of license conversion training at Gondia campus upon return from the USA. The Airbus A320 type rating is planned at an additional 2 months. However, DGCA licensing, scheduling, cadet performance, weather, and any other delays will extend the duration of the cadet programme.
Q. Will I be provided a uniform?
Yes, uniforms will be provided.
Q. Who will meet me on arrival at CAE’s Aviation Academy in Gondia?
A student counselor in Gondia will coordinate arrival schedules and transportation.
Q. Am I paid anything during the training period?
Yes. After being selected for this programme, the candidate will be offered a conditional Letter of Intent (“LOI”) by IndiGo. Thereafter he/she will enter into an Agreement with IndiGo as a “Cadet Pilot” and he/she will be entitled to a lump sum stipend as applicable.
On obtaining a CPL issued by DGCA India, the Cadet Pilot will be paid an enhanced monthly stipend.
Q. Where will I be trained for CPL and Airbus A320 Type Rating?
The CPL phase of training will be conducted at CAE’s Aviation Academy in India, or any other training centre approved by IndiGo.
The Airbus A320 Type Rating training will be conducted at a CAE type rating training centre approved by IndiGo.
Q. Is there any paperwork that I need to sign with IndiGo?
At the time of signing the Cadet Pilot Agreement, the candidate is required to sign a Specialized Training Agreement whereby the candidate commits to serve IndiGo for a specified term, post successful completion of his/her training (both CPL & Type Rating).
Q. How much is the selection fee?
Candidate must pay INR 2500/- for the first phase of the assessment process which is a written exam. After the result of first phase the eligible candidate will be advised to deposit the CASS Assessment fee of USD 400 + applicable tax in advance (* Subject to changes). The details of payment and related bank account details will be notified during the process.
Q. What is the total cost of the programme and what is the payment schedule?
The total cost for this programme in India is 845,642 INR (payable in India to CAE, Gondia) and training in the USA is - $86,370 USD (Payable in the USA to CAE Phoenix) (pricing inclusive of appropriate taxes per location) and selection exam fees are extra. Plus $38,033 USD for the Airbus A320 training and the fee does not include cost of medical certificates, visa, transportation other than local, and DGCA or other license fees.