The Medium Support Helicopter Aircrew Training Facility (MSHATF) was developed by CAE in consultation with the U.K. Ministry of Defence (MoD). Responsible for the design, construction and financing of the facility that opened in 1999, CAE operates the MSHATF under a 40-year private finance initiative (PFI) contract.
The MSHATF delivers the total spectrum of synthetic aircrew training required by the Royal Air Force (RAF) Support Helicopter Force for the CH-47 Chinook, AW101 Merlin, and Puma platforms. In addition, Royal Navy aircrews train at the MSHATF. Under the terms of its PFI contract, CAE also has the ability to provide turnkey training to third-party users. This enables approved military and civil operators around the world to take advantage of the advanced simulation-based training and mission rehearsal capability at the MSHATF on a highly cost-effective basis.
Simulator / Training Devices
- Basic Aircraft Conversion;
- Distributed mission training;
- Pre-deployment and Operational Training;
- Search & rescue.
- AW101/Leonardo Helicopters
- SA330 Puma/Airbus
- (3) CH-47 Chinook Simulators
- (2) AW101 Merlin Simulators
- (1) SA330 Puma Simulator
- Tactical Control Centre (TCC)
- Computer-generated forces provided over the network