- Five new CAE-built full-flight simulators for Bombardier aircraft types entering service in CAE and Bombardier training centres worldwide in 2010 and 2011
- CAE training experience now encompasses two dozen Bombardier platforms
CAE today announced in advance of the European Business Aviation Convention and Exhibition (EBACE) that its long-term relationship with Bombardier Aerospace has expanded to include the purchase of a new full-flight simulator (FFS) for the Bombardier Challenger 605 long-range business aircraft. The Challenger 605 FFS will be delivered toward the end of 2010 to Bombardier's training centre in Dallas, which is co-located with CAE's SimuFlite facility at Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport.
In addition to the new Challenger 605 FFS, Bombardier and CAE announced the deployments of four new CAE-built simulators which were previously announced:
- The first FFS in Europe for Learjet 40, Learjet 40 XR, Learjet 45 and Learjet 45 XR aircraft at the CAE Burgess Hill Training Centre in the UK in April 2010.
- A Global Express aircraft simulator, also ready for training in April, located at the Emirates-CAE Flight Training facility in Dubai, further expanding the Global Express program currently being offered through CAE in the UK and Dallas, Texas and by Bombardier at its Training Centre in Montreal.
- A simulator currently in development for Challenger 300 aircraft, which will be installed at a CAE training centre in Europe in the third quarter of 2010.
- The first Global Vision simulator, scheduled for Bombardier's Montreal training facility (co-located with CAE headquarters) by the first quarter of 2011.
A Challenger 604 aircraft FFS, currently housed in Bombardier's Montréal training facility, will also be redeployed to the CAE Amsterdam Training Center by the first quarter of 2011.
Bombardier signed a 20-year Authorized Training Provider agreement with CAE in 2007 for Global Express, Global 5000, Global Express XRS and Challenger 300 aircraft and expanded it in May 2008 to include training for Learjet 40, Learjet 40 XR, Learjet 45 and Learjet 45 XR aircraft training in Europe.
Through its worldwide network of training centres, CAE also offers pilot and maintenance technician training for these Bombardier aircraft types: Challenger 300, 600, 601, 604, 605, and 800 series; CRJ 100, 200, 700 and 900; Dash8 100 and 300; and Learjet 24, 25, 31a, 35, 36, 45, 55 and 60.
CAE is also providing an engineering development simulator as well as the prototype full-flight simulator (FFS) for the Bombardier CSeries aircraft, as announced in June 2009. The program incorporates CAE's Augmented Engineering Environment (AEE) that enables original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) to evaluate, test, and validate a range of aircraft models and systems during the development phase.
"CAE and Bombardier are committed to the same objectives - safer and more efficient air travel through continuous innovation," said Jeff Roberts, CAE's Group President, Civil Simulation Products, Training and Services. "As Bombardier has advanced the sophistication of business and regional aircraft, CAE has provided operators with increasingly effective methods and technology to tailor training to the operational approach that maximizes the value of their fleet."
CAE is a world leader in providing simulation and modelling technologies and integrated training solutions for the civil aviation industry and defence forces around the globe. With annual revenues exceeding C$1.6 billion, CAE employs more than 7,000 people at more than 90 sites and training locations in 20 countries. We have the largest installed base of civil and military full-flight simulators and training devices. Through our global network of 29 civil aviation and military training centres, we train more than 75,000 crewmembers yearly. We also offer modelling and simulation software to various market segments and, through CAE's professional services division, we assist customers with a wide range of simulation-based needs. www.cae.com
- 30 -
* Bombardier, Challenger, Challenger 300, Challenger 600, Challenger 604, Challenger 605, Global 5000, Global Express, Global Express XRS, Global Vision, Learjet 40, Learjet 40 XR, Learjet 45, Learjet 45 XR, and Learjet 60 are registered and unregistered trademarks of Bombardier Inc. or its subsidiaries.
Nathalie Bourque, Vice President, Public Affairs and Global Communications,
(514) 734-5788, [email protected]
Trade media: Chris Stellwag, Director, Marketing Communications, Military and Civil,
(813) 887-1242, [email protected]
Investor relations: Andrew Arnovitz, Vice President, Investor Relations and Strategy,
(514) 734-5760, [email protected]