Application period: From January 16 to February 13 (5 p.m.)
Are you a student pursuing a technical program who’s passionate about computer science, software development, digital technologies, system integration or avionics? Does the aerospace industry interest you?
If so, then participate in our CAE Tech: Program your career! initiative to get your career off the ground!
This initiative encourages future technicians from various fields to start a career at CAE by offering traineeships that are integrated in the workplace. It is intended for full-time students registered in technology-oriented programs in the following CEGEPs/colleges: André-Laurendeau, Bois‑de‑Boulogne, Dawson, Édouard‑Montpetit/ÉNA, John-Abbott and Montmorency.
CAE will offer the following to two students registered full-time at each participating institution:
- $1,000 scholarship;
- $300 tuition subsidy every semester until program completion;
- paid internship(s) or summer job(s);
- potential on-call contract work during the school year until program completion*;
- potential full-time job offer upon completion of studies;
- mentoring services to guide students during their participation in the program.
*CAE prioritizes the trainees’ studies and is committed to accommodating their school schedule. In addition, selection of grant holders will also take into consideration CAE’s values of diversity and inclusiveness.
Candidates must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- be legally entitled to work in Canada;
- be registered full-time in one of the participating educational institutions (as defined by the institution), and in a technical program of studies in computer technology, avionics or computer networking;
- be on track to complete their first or second year of studies;
- not be failing academically;
- be available and able to carry out the traineeships at CAE over the course of the program.
About CAE Tech: Program your career!
The CAE Tech: Program your career! initiative aims to develop talent and boost the reach, the relevance and the quality of workplace traineeship possibilities in an innovative and collaborative way. This initiative supports the vision of the Business/Higher Education Roundtable (BHER) launched in 2015 by the Business Council of Canada. It is also part of a broad range of grants offered by CAE to promote job-creation in the aerospace industry. Indeed, CAE participates financially in over 20 grant programs around the world in many disciplines, including engineering, computer logic, information technology and aviation management for students interested in an aerospace career.
To know more about CAE, click here.