Get started today.
CAE’s instructor rating course will train you to become an approved SFI/TRI instructor according to State of License Issued.
Course duration: 2 weeks
- Ground school: 5 days
- 3 Full-flight simulator (FFS) sessions (10 hours)
- 2 sessions of 4 hours each
- 1 session of 2 hours
Each FFS session includes briefing and debriefing.
- Competence Assessment: 2 sessions of 4 hours each
The customer is required to send an assisting pilot for the assessment session. The examiners conducting the assessment sessions are required to be approved by the applicant’s State of License Issued.
- Shall be at least 18 years of age.
An applicant for the initial issue of an SFI (MPA) certificate shall:
- Hold or have held a CPL, MPL or ATPL in the applicable aircraft category.
- Have completed a full type rating course excluding the Aircraft Training part.
- Have passed the proficiency check for the issue of the specific aircraft type rating in an FFS representing the applicable type, within the 12 months preceding the application.
- Have at least 1,500 hours flight time as a pilot on multi-pilot aeroplanes.
- Completed, as a pilot or as an observer, within the 12 months preceding the application, at least: 3 route sectors on the flight deck of the applicable aircraft type OR 2 line-oriented flight training-based simulator sessions conducted by qualified flight crew on the flight deck of the applicable type.
These simulator sessions shall include 2 flights of at least 2 hours each between 2 different aerodromes, and the associated pre-flight planning and de-briefing.
An applicant for the initial issue of a TRI (MPA) certificate shall:
- Hold a CPL, MPL or ATPL pilot licence on the applicable aircraft category.
- Have completed 1,500 hours flight time as a pilot on multi-pilot aeroplanes.
- Have completed within the 12 months preceding the date of the application, 30 route sectors, including take-offs and landings, as pilot-in-command OR co-pilot on the applicable aeroplane type, of which 15 sectors may be completed in an FFS representing that type